Autonomous trucks or facilities have long been used in intralogistics. But the increasing digitalization of business processes gives a new dynamism to automation: Automated systems lend themselves to seamless integration with IT processes, and thus take efficiency to a whole new level. All the same, complex systems such as fully automated shelf warehouses or classic DTS applications are not cost-efficient options in every logistics or production working environment. The requirements just keep increasing: Autonomous machines must be able to work in environments alongside people, and assist them in their work, without the risk of accidents. They ought to be able to communicate with other facilities in the infrastructure in real time, in order to ensure a smooth workflow. In addition, in many industries the production and logistics processes change just as dynamically as the products and goods themselves.
Smart automation with Linde
On the basis of a wide range of trucks, and navigational technology that does not require any fixed installation of infrastructure, Linde offers flexible and scaleable automation solutions. They can be perfectly tailored to specific requirements – even for smaller companies – in order to automate anything, from individual steps in a process to complex material flows, in a cost-effective manner.
A smart, integrated solution
The advanced robotics technology allows the user to enjoy significant competitive advantages, while at the same time guaranteeing a high degree of flexibility in operational procedures. Highly developed safety systems and versatile, interface-capable software allow for fully integrated solutions: People and machines can interact safely and efficiently.
This new generation of autonomous work tools carries out repetitive handling processes independently and reliably. They increase productivity and reduce costs. Damage to goods and facilities is reduced, and the robotic forklifts perform tasks which are tiring and uncomfortable for human operators. Furthermore, the efficiency of the material flow is increased, because job allocation and routes are optimally determined and interwoven with related tasks.
The most cost-effective solution
The basis of every robotics solution is the tried and tested standard trucks from Linde’s serial production range. Together with innovative navigation technology, which allows the robotic trucks to orient themselves without mirrors or tracks, Linde’s MATIC range offers a reliable automation solution that helps customers to optimize their internal material flow and significantly reduce costs.
Compared to other driverless systems with DTS or standard trucks:
- Lower installation costs
- Significantly lower running costs
The robotic trucks use the map to determine their position in the area. For this purpose, they compare the reference map in real time with the structures around them that the navigation laser currently recognizes.
SAFE AND PRODUCTIVE
The best of both worlds
Comprehensive safety features for cooperative work
- 3D camera for obstacle recognition
- Lasers on front and back for obstacle recognition and load detection
- Visual and acoustic warning systems
- Emergency stop buttons on both sides
LINDE MATIC RANGE
With high- and low-platform pallet trucks, tow tractors, counterbalanced forklifts, and a high-functionality truck for work in narrow aisles, the autonomous MATIC range covers 80 percent of all handling tasks in production and storage facilities.
P-MATIC – Tow Tractor
- Tugger train applications
- Disposal of reusable material
- Delivery to the production line
L-MATIC – Pallet Stacker
- Handling and storage at lower heights
- Barcode scanning
- Feeding packing machines
- Order picking
- Feeding supply lines for machines
L-MATIC AC – Counterbalanced Pallet Stacker
- Handling and storage of closed pallets
- Handling of pallet cages and transport containers
- Feeding of conveyor belts
T-MATIC – Pallet Truck
- Transport over long distances
- Delivery to shipping preparation areas, e.g. loading area
- Transport of extra-long loads
K-MATIC – Narrow Aisle Truck
- Moving goods into and out of storage in narrow aisles at great heights
- Operating height of up to 12 meters
- Feeding of conveyor belts
Five advantages of geonavigation from Linde Robotics
- Networked: The spectrum ranges from implementation without any system connection, to extensive networking with operational systems, machines, and facilities.
- Safe: The comprehensive equipment such as scanners and cameras guarantees traffic safety, even in mixed working conditions.
- Simple: The innovative navigational system with modern Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) technology requires no additional expensive infrastructure.。
- Flexible: Routes and reference points can be adapted to changing operational conditions at short notice.
- Transparent: The system generates valuable data, which can be used to help precisely optimize the productivity of logistical processes.
NAVIGATION IN NARROW AISLES
Automated navigation in narrow aisle warehouses
Tight pathways, high lifting heights, storage facilities that are difficult to see – narrow aisle storage is cost-effective for companies, but at the same time poses great challenges for the trucks that work there, and their operators. Linde’s Narrow Aisle Navigation significantly improves both productivity and safety, while also reducing the incidence of damage to goods and warehouse facilities. The system is controlled by the customer’s own Warehouse Management System (WMS).